SEO audit is a document that includes all the major SEO factors that helps in determining the performance of your website. To analyze quality of your SEO, we are sharing a checklist for 2015 which will assure you about your activities for SEO of your website which also affects local SEO. Check the following factors and make sure that all of these are exist in your website.
On page Optimization:
- The keywords researching for the website should be done in an effective way so that you can choose the best keywords for your website. Keywords in terms of less competition and higher average searches should be selected for your website. Moreover, you should try to choose long tail keywords.
2. Check that all your title tags are optimized with a unique tag line. The title should be well optimized with your business name and should be about 60- 65 characters so that it can be displayed in the SERP easily.
3. Make sure that the meta description should exist for the home page and for the important pages of your website. The meta description should be have enough quality to describe your webpage briefly with 160 â€“ 170 characters.
4. Make sure that all the images should be optimized with proper and relevant ALT tags.
Check for all header tags implemented correctly.
- Include the keyword in the URL of your website. Your websiteâ€™s URL should be according to webpage information
- The URL structure should be clean and short and should not include any underscore.Check for the canonical issue with your websiteâ€™s URL. Your website should be opened with only one URL and not with different URLâ€™s.Content of the Website
- Make sure that the homepage and landing pages of your website should be optimized with the proper content.
- The content on your website should be valuable and unique. Make sure that the content is not be copied from other websites.
- If you are starting blogs section for your website then try to write about the latest topics.
- The headline of the blog should be catchy so that it can attract users.
- Make use of relevant keywords in the title and description of your blog posts.
- Include images with keyword optimized ALT text in the blog posts.
- Check for the number of links on your website. 100+ links are good for the website.
- Make sure that all your category and product pages are linked to the relevant pages.
- Use good internal anchor text in the website.
- Check for the broken links. Make sure all the internal linking that you have provided in your website is working properly.
- Check that whether your website is mobile friendly or not. Now a days, most of the people use handheld devices for searching anything so make sure that all the landing pages of your website are responsive on mobile devices.
- Check that the desktop version of you website is canonical to the mobile version.
Indexing and Accessibility:
- Check that the site map exists for your website or not. Sitemap helps search engines to easily crawl your website.
- Check for the robots.txt file for your website. Make sure that you are not restricting your website to index.
- Make sure that the pages are not tagged with meta robots noindex command.
- Check that whether the goal pages have the noindex command applied or not.
- Search for your website in Google (site: www.example.com) and check that how many pages are returning in search engine. This will help in determining the indexed pages of your website.
- Review the total number of pages in your website and check that they are matched with the number of indexed pages or not. If they donâ€™t match, that means some of your website pages are not indexed in the Google search engine results. So check for this issue and try to get it indexed all pages.
- Check the page load speed of your website. The website load time should be between 1-3 seconds.
- Optimize the images for your website so that your website speed should be fast.
- Make sure that the compression is enabled so that you can save 50% of your website bandwidth.
- Ensure that analytics are setup for your website so that you can track the activities on your website.
- Check that the event tracking is setup for the user interactions.
- Make sure that the demographic tracking is set up for your website.
- If you are using Adsense and Adwords platforms for your website then make sure that they are properly linked.
- Check for the errors in the Google webmaster and try to resolve them.
These above mentioned are the SEO factors that should be implemented on your website. If you think that there also can be some other point that should also be included in the checklist then you can share your views.